Thursday, November 6, 2008

Intelligent Voters

During the campaign it confounded me how a few of my friends that I consider to be pretty intelligent could be for O. One of them paid me the compliment in reverse and it wasn't just patronizing - he said they had asked themselves that very same question the night before about me. So now we having a political love fest: wishing for Obama the best, and appreciating George for having spurred on the economy until it buckled under the strain of finance policies that are owned by the Democrats. I paid off my $20 bet with Tom.

2 comments:

Stephen's Pictures said...

Missing logic circuits: Bush and the Republicans had 6 long years in control of the Whitehouse, and both houses of Congress. They "had their way" with the country imposing their will ruthlessly. Now some would blame Democrats for the economic collapse. Does not compute. Bush owns it all.

Skyshrink said...

Denis.....My goodness, the load you bear these days, with the weight(s) of Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Hillary and all the rest..on your shoulders. It is almost as bad as 12 years ago when I thought there might be a chance that Bob Dole and Newt Gingrich would be deciding my future.

The good news....now I'm back listening to Rush on occasion. So much fun to listen to him sputter, spin things and desperately try to move forward. No more calls from Cheney, no more "insider" status...tough times. But it seems to have increased the humor factor...at least for me....so I'm back!

Don