Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Winter Projects

We decided to site Elk Camp at Louis Lake this year. It could be that I will have the only hunting license due to a misplaced modifier in my application strategy. When I said "your choice (of sex)", apparently Dave and Travis thought I meant your choice of area, hence our party is spread out across Wyoming. Unsuccessful in the draw, I will have a general license with flexibility to site the camp in the most desirable environs - no Green Mountain wasps or Dubois bears this year. Of course there will likely be no elk either. Preparations have begun. I dug out last years acquisitions list and so far have purchased wheel chucks - no riding the camper rolling off the platform this year. I also purchased a Stanley, ratcheting, multi-purpose screwdriver. Also found a sheet of insulation to increase the R-factor of my sleeping quarters slide-out.

Dix advised that if I don't get the garage door opener installed soon, it will be inconvenient to open the door during snow season. So, resuming this project I started months ago, I remembered I need to address the fact the ceiling appears to be sagging probably from some poor engineering many years ago when the garage was expanded from single to double. I think I need to retrofit a support beam. I will call on Loren to advise.

My nose itches and wants to bleed - a sure sign winter is coming.

No comments: