Saturday, September 27, 2008

Crunch Time for Camping

Thursday Dix and I went grocery shopping for elk camp. My dinner contributions will be Monday spicy cheeseburgers and fries and Friday tacos with Spanish Rice and pinto beans. I have one breakfast responsibility of my Jack-Hash (corned beef hash with Monterrey Jack cheese). Today, Saturday, I'm making last minute preparations which could easily been done weeks ago, including checking the 4-wheeler battery (it is dead) and checking tire pressures (I cannot find my low-pressure tire gauge). While pre-forming and spicing my burgers, I saw out the window our neighborhood bachelor deer hop into the neighbor's yard enclosure. A curious lady driving down the street pulled into the driveway and got them agitated. I went out to make sure traffic coming up 12th Street was aware in case they bolted into the street. Turns out they maintained their cool and meandered off after bidding me adios for my trip to the mountains and to say hi to their cousins if I see them. They would just rather stay in town.

I am just so fed up with the Obama campaign lies and his condescending smile. I see now how liberals were so turned off the Bush smirk eight years ago. This is surely a mess that the Dems and Reps have served up. We can only hope that whoever wins the election picks good advisers and listens to them. The negative deciding factor for me is Obama using Raines and Jones. Adios, I'm going camping. I did put more air in the tires though.

No comments: