Thursday, September 11, 2008

Classic Clothes

School time again and the daughter-in-law gave a subtle hint that grandson could use something new to wear. He usually likes grandma's taste in clothes but this year she outdid herself - a 28-year-old classic T-shirt in perfect shape worn by his father for the 1984 JayCee Riverton Invitational Wrestling Tournament. I can tell from his stance that he imagines himself a wrestler, although I think he's too genteel.

Hunting camp preparations are moving along. I installed the styrofoam insulation beneath my sleeping quarters and taped over the pesky blinking light on the CO detector. Now that priorities are established, I will move from sleeping issues to cooking items. A coworker at the mine gave me two just-harvested elk hearts, so some of the pressure of the hunt has been alleviated.

Spook may soon be moving indoors from the porch with the nighttime tempera- tures falling off. The routine now is to bring him in at early morning when he gets his insulin shot, snack with crushed Metyl-B, breakfast and fresh water. Then he rolls over for a siesta on his throw rug, sometimes inspiring us to go back to bed too.

Sometimes I am concerned about a friend of ours. He can pinch pennies at the Dollar Store, yet can also somehow leave a pile of lost cash, $60 in a recent incident. Fortunately others are watching out for him, in this case a waitress who returned his money to him the next time he dined. He did leave a big tip when she refused any reward. Good people spread good feelings far and wide.

No comments: