Don (Chief) and Travis (Grasshop- per), the retired contingent of our hunting party, will be scouting for a camp site at Louis Lake this week. I prefer a southern exposure to warm the body. We had to move camp out of the pines last year to get into the sun. I sent Grasshopper the satellite photo for orientation. The side trail north of the lake looks more secluded to me and is next to the turnoff towards Maxon Basin we would probably use to look for elk.
I see there is also a campground at the Little Popo Agie a mile north of Louis lake. This blog now takes on the hopefully-unnecessary function as a source for search and rescue data.Yesterday I continued to install the garage door opener. I polished the corrosion out of wheel track and that cured the stuttering of the door as it is closed. I bought a 10' 4x4' post (utilizing my $10 bonus punchcard) at Sutherlands to brace the ceiling. I took down the kayaks from their hanging bracket and noticed the crossbar had deformed the hulls - apparently a combination of ceiling heat and stress points. So now I'm constructing a brace to pop the bottom back out but they're not popping. It looks like a gradual reform and warmth is necessary and the weather is not cooperating. I also found the kayak hanger would interfere with the garage door opener screw drive to today I will completely take down this ill-designed hanger. Not a big chore but all chores seem to be getting harder and more complicated these days. Case in point, the ten-foot post turned out to be twelve-footer. They only charged me for 10 feet (because I said it was 10 feet) but it's not right to beat the man by deception even if unintentional. So today, if they have a straight ten footer, I will make an exchange.

No comments:
Post a Comment