Saturday, February 4, 2012

Waiting Out The Storm, Again.

Our search for a retirement home in a warmer climate has been postponed, and possibly expanded, by the snowstorm in Colorado.

Correction. The otter I thought I saw walking on the ice of the North Platte was much more likely a mink according to the Game and Fish biologist. Minks are like very large weasils, and all one color, not white underneath like an otter.

The new 3.8% Obamacare tax on the sale of real estate begins eleven months from now.  Jeepers!  

A former work associate proposed a consulting gig for the remainder of this year.  I told him what it would take to bring me out of retirement and he told me that would be "dead on arrival".  I'm content to be in the "discouraged worker" category.

I have a craving for a cinnamon roll like my dear old Aunt Mary made. There must have been a secret ingredient. I'm afraid it'll have to remain a distant memory.  Nevertheless, I shall make a trip to the bakery to see what I can reproduce.

No comments: