Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cautiously Entering the New Year

According to Dix and Milo the new boiler makes a rushing sound in the radiators. I made some adjustments to cut back on the flow and temperature, and that quieted the system down. According to the readout, it is modulating as low as 25% of capacity and still keeping the house warm.

I took my Christmas Star decoration down on Thursday the day after the feast of the Epiphany and the wise men finding their way. Don't know if anyone noticed the significance. The neighbor dumped his tinsel-laden tree in the alley. The other neighbors are filing for divorce. She has a new boyfriend and he has a new girlfriend.

I told my Rotary Club sponsor that I don't think it's for me. I didn't say so but I kind of don't go for singing the songs and I don't feel comfortable in the banquet setting.

Our hunting party is putting in for our 2011 elk licenses using the Game and Fish Department's on-line system. I am the "Party Organizer" and have been assigned a "Party Number" that the others can individually use to join the hunting party. It's pretty efficient and can be modified up to a point, but we are decided that our number one choice for hunt area is Green Mountain.

Met up with Tom and Les at the Wonderbar. I had a tasty tuna steak sandwich and a Ranger India Pale Ale. Tom said he's going a little stir crazy in retirement and finds himself pacing around the house. He's flirting with an environmental consulting outfit that is courting him. Before she left for work, Les' spouse asked him what he was going to do today. He told her he thought the bed was still warm.

I was informed my consulting agreement needs to be modified - something about needing to cut back on expenses. I offered it can be terminated.

No comments: