Friday, August 21, 2009
Looking for Crime in Casper
Two cop cars, a K-9 Unit, an ambulance, and a fire truck across the street at midnight. What the heck was going on? They were questioning some guy that was walking down the street carrying a potted plant. Dix could hear him saying "I just want to go home." I had just finished tying down the 4-wheeler in the pickup for tomorrow's trip and realized it could be dangerous doing that at night with all the weirdos out there. Then we noticed Cara's back door was open and that looked suspicious. I called her on her cell phone and she was outside talking to the neighbors who had called the police to report that it looked like someone was trying to steal my ATV. Good grief! I called the dispatcher to tell them that was me! She said she would relay the message but the guy that was detained was still giving the cops trouble. Apparently his story was he was on his way to Albertson's and now he just wanted to walk back home ... to Cheyenne. The ambulance and fire truck were called in to examine him but he did not want to be treated. Then the nice lady cop asked to hear my story. Did I say, "Do all you female cops feel like you have to bust the chops of white men in America?" No, I have learned from Obama's teachable moment and overly thanked her for her diligence. It turns out the midnight walker had Alzheimer's and several police officers had to follow him on foot back to his home since he refused to ride in their squad car. We got to know all the neighbors a little better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment