Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bugs

I put out one of those disposable Yellowjacket catchers. They were starting to get pesky. I caught about five or six a day but there is the concern whether I was catching locals or luring them in from afar. Then the neighbor discovered a nest inside one of their sprinkler valve boxes. He called the Orkin man but got no return call. His next move was to dump the kid's play pool into the area. That got their attention. He got stung on the leg and shoulder. He then got the can of raid and went to war. There were no visitors to my catcher that evening.

I caught a different bug. My stomach felt bloated all afternoon. I didn't feel hungry for dinner but Dix had made a special chicken-salami-asparagus roll with provolone cheese. It was delicious. That evening I had chills and then a cold sweat and then heaved lunch and dinner. The next day I felt recovered but qualified for a sick day.

I made enough advancements on projects to feel accomplished. Patched the crack in the patio foundation with asphalt. Bleached the garage wall to kill any mildew before painting. Form fitted a run of conduit to the wavey basement ceiling. Rerouted the downspout at the patio. Dix asked if it was temporary or permanent. Permanent, I'm afraid.

No comments: