Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pet Camp

I converted the top bunk in the camper into a cat cage. A simple frame with mesh serves as a pocket door. A cardboard box serves as a sleeper-hiding place. And if Pyrite feels confined, there's a nice little window she can peer out of. We're ready to go travel/camping with the pets and their meds.

Tom and I took a trip out to the Heward Ranch in Shirley Basin to join them in their celebration of 100 years of ranching. We got invites on the basis we are their mining neighbor. It's a harsh life in the winter there and a half-hour downpour reminded us of that fact. Well over a hundred people found their way out there to participate in smoked pig, barbecue, beans and every flavor of cake. We picked up some rocks on the way home for landscaping at the corner downspout. I needed some small angular ones for filling in gaps around the larger ones. This morning was relaxing working out the puzzle. The air has turned to autumn.

No comments: