Chris, Joan and Ben arrived ready for action. Ben was up for swimming at the CRC, camping, fishing, cable TV, S'mores, and rock collecting. Joan and Dix were up for facials and cooking low-fat healthy meals, one Baked Shrimp with Feta, another Sausage Stuffed Manicotti. Dad and Grandpa enjoyed some nice micro brews plus a bottle of Fat Bastard and a Cotes-du-Rhone.
We took a drive on Casper Mountain to check the camping potential, of which there was nil. Joan was ready to return home half-way up the mountain and all points after that. We were finally turned back where the road turned into a snow machine trail. I made a simple backing maneuver right into a soft ditch and buried the truck deep enough I couldn't get out the driver's side. Joan flagged down a big flat-bed truck saving Chris and I the shame of having to do so. I was pretty proud of my tow chain equipment though. And I was really grateful to Joan when the next vehicle we saw was a tow truck cruising for business.
A trip to the ER for Chris was required to tend to a bruised shin he thought might have been broken when he slipped on a rock along the beach at Alcova. Grandpa and Ben did a little four-wheeling up and down the alley. Ben helped to get rid of the last patches of ice by shoveling it away from the shade by the garage.
We bought acrylic paints at Hobby Lobby to color Easter eggs. Ben wanted fire poppers but Dad said no. When he randomly set them down, Grandpa made him return them to the proper shelf where he found them. Later he caught his Dad setting an item down out of order and said "put it back in the right place!" Grandpa was pleased.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment