Monday, December 22, 2008

Another Cold Sunday

In the single digits this morning. The only incentive to venture out was to buy a space heater for Spook who overnights in the basement bedroom that has no radiator, only steam pipes in the ceiling. I had a tower oscillating model in mind but a convection radiator type caught my eye - no noisy fan. Plus it was marketed as a "FLAT PANEL"! That's the latest. Got to have a flat panel. It's 3 a.m. and Spook has come out of his blanket covered box and settled aside his new heater. Even the green LED lights provide a nice glow to the room.

On the way back from the Mall I took the high loop road to show Dix the new wind turbines east of town. I turned back towards the east and pulled off on the shoulder from where I thought I saw them before but could not see them. A sheriff pickup pulled up behind me with lights flashing and inquired nicely whether I was having problems. "No problem, officer." ....because he said he had noticed me weaving... "Well I could tell you why I'm pulled over here." ...please do. "I'm looking for the windmills". Now in some places you might then expect to hear your Miranda rights, but here in Wyoming the officer proceeded to scan the horizon and speculate whether this or that tower was a wind turbine, when we finally decided the light or wind direction was not right. We overly thanked him and wish him a Merry Christmas. I proceeded back toward the mall, not wanting to push it with a U-turn to go home.

No comments: