Sunday, March 2, 2008

Going Slow

Grandson Benjamin will be here in a couple of weeks and he is looking forward to camping so I got the camper out of storage. The weather seemed nice enough to not put the truck in the garage. During the night Ol' Man Winter said don't forget about me. We might be camping in the driveway.



The carpet cleaner wouldn't spray anymore so I spent the day taking it apart and putting it back together - three times. I can disassemble and reassemble a Bissell almost as fast as a marine does his weapon. Finally found a blockage in the heater. Works great now but my back was quite cranky - two Ibuprofens and a good night on the new mattress did the trick. Speaking of which, I had a nice phone conversation with Bro Don and they coincidentally got a new mattress too. We both have more or less trouble getting used to the high thickness compared to our 20-year old retired beds. Getting out of bed is better because you are already standing. But putting on socks or pantyhose sitting on the edge is no longer possible.

No comments: