Since I cannot remember when, the wind is not blowing this weekend. At 40 degrees it seems like Spring has sprung - enough for a nice walk around the neighborhood. We like to walk down an alley where three Brittany Spaniels live and they usually perk up when they see us. This time they were loaded up in a pickup all excited for a walk too.
We cut back a bit on the weekend breakfast menu to tighten up the paunches - no fried potatoes or tortillas this morning. We did a couple extra walking laps at the city pool.
We took down the curtains in the kitchen to send to the dry cleaners. The one by the stove was dingy with grease. I am worried whether I can remember how to fold and reassemble and staple them back on their mounts. Dix said it will be no problem but Kelly the dry cleaner tried to lower expectations too whether the spots will all come out. We got one of the windows washed - four more on schedule for today. It's a good thing we have an extra hour of evening light with the time change.
My new camera will be available later this month. The Canon G9, my earlier choice, was reputed to have more noise at higher ISO's than would be expected with a $500 price tag. I'm looking for the best picture/video quality that can be produced from a pocket camera. The Fuji F100FD gives up some bells and whistles but seems to best serve my goals. I'm giving up 10x super zoom for 5x-wide, allowing larger aperture for low lighting. No hot shoe needed for external flash. No histogram but processes good dynamic range. It has the only super CCD sensor in a pocket size camera. I have overcome my prejudice for name brand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment