Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Water Softener
Back when we bought the new pickup, I was researching water softeners because it's nearly impossible to rinse and dry Desert Brown without ending up with Dusty Beige with our hard water. Now the glassware has been spotting in the dishwasher so I finally shelled out $360 at Sam's Club for a GE water softener. A couple days ago I called Gus to ask for help with the install, warning him that according to Dix, it had to be placed where it would not interfere with Pyrite's potty box, which unfortunately appeared to me to be exactly the ideal spot for the softener. Gus advised this could be expensive with the triple price of copper pipe. So I went about on my own calculating how I might be able to salvage some old piping that seemed to go nowhere in our maze of plumbing in our basement. I was getting ready to start the dismantle-salvage operation when suddenly it occured to me - shazam! The plumbing that went to nowhere was designed for a water softener! ...and it was far away from the potty box to boot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment