Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Good Day

My right hearing aid was whithering away. The only sound that was clearly produced was the tone it gives when it's time to change the battery. I hate when this happens because even though it is weak, at least its better than being totally without for two or three weeks while my audiologist sends it back to the factory for repair. Then I was inspired to walk in the shop of an audiologist down the street who without an appointment, immediately took my aid and started probing it with her vacuum contraption as if she were doing liposuction. Even I could hear the aid backfeed squeal when she was done and now she had to do the other one too in order they would match in volume. She said there would be no charge but gave her $20 and felt like it was a steal! I think she'll be my new audiologist when it comes time to replace.

Back in the car the rumble-rattle noise in the front suspension was now intolerable. I stopping in at Expert Tire and had the mechanic ride with me on a test drive. Yep, he agreed there was something definitely wrong and when he put it up on the rack, found the sway bar mounting bolts were loose. $27 was the charge, including an oil change. Again a steal but this time I was not magnanimous.

No comments: