Tuesday, April 17, 2012

This Old House

I had to let my radon guy go.  I called him up after waiting two weeks to see when he would be by to do the job. He had trouble remembering who I was. So now the project is officially back in my hands. I borrowed Gus' hammer drill and broke a hole through the concrete floor. Dug out five gallons of packed soil and gave it to Dix for her flower bed - 100-year-old sterilized dirt, slightly radioactive. Ordered a radon fan via Internet that will arrive on Friday. With zero chance of rain and no wind forecast for this weekend it will be perfect for cutting a hole in the roof.

Lucy came by for half a day. I had to help her clean windows. I could have done it myself but I would have only gotten one done. Together we washed four.  I'm glad she didn't fall off the ladder.

The security light seems to have burnt out. And Billie's light is out too. The neighborhood is spooky dark.  Buddy  refuses to go out.  Weirdness.

As of April I am now technically a Discouraged Worker in the Department of Employment statistics.  I was thinking about going on disability (Plantar Faciitis) but the GSA scandal has me nervous. Ha.

No comments: