With our daily walks, sometimes two, Buddy has lost six pounds, now at 54. Three more to go. We took up his collar one notch to keep it from falling off. Milo has his own form. At 15 pounds he is at his ideal weight but he has a way of flaunting it. The vibration and warm air from the refrigerator is therapeutic for him.
The apple trees have started to bloom so I have sprayed them twice already for fire blight. The directions specify to hit them every four days. Yesterday's snowstorm allowed me to put it off another day. The big boy in the back yard is doing great. The side yard trees are diseased but after last year's aggressive pruning they look like they will survive.
Forgot what I was going to say next because the wife was having trouble getting into her websites.
Oh well, the rainy weather has been good for reading the Hunter Thompson books brother Don sent me for my birthday. I was so into Kingdom of Fear that when a wrong number called, and there was a lot of party noise in the background, I got paranoid and demanded to know who the fool was. I ordered the The Great Shark Hunt.
Oh yeah, I was going to say I had texted Les to have lunch but he never responded, or so I thought. So I defaulted to have lunch with Dix and Les shows up and joins us. Checking my smartphone, there's his reply, somehow accepted but not read. Sort of like pocket dialing. It was a nice two hour lunch. Les was trying to pump Dix to learn who the new maid is. Says he will be stopping by to meet her. He just bought a 25-foot pontoon boat and invited us for a voyage up the canyon at Alcova this summer. I like how he is handling early retirement. He returned my radon detector and said he knows now he has radon and does not want to hear the thing beeping in his basement anymore - case closed.
Dix's sis Roni got laid off from her two-day-a-week retirement job. Now she's going bananas at home. While hubby is away, she filled some time by painting his bathroom. Turns out instead of what she thought was a sandy beige was actually a "dull pink". That'll teach Ron for being gone so long.
We're getting ready for our upcoming vacation to see Michelle graduate and the pink bathroom. Then off to Florida. I began the molting process with five minutes in the tanning booth.


No comments:
Post a Comment