Well, it's been awhile...
It took a week for the local computer geek to get back with me to say my computer probably had a short in the motherboard that caused my hard drive to heat up almost too hot to the touch. But lucky for me he saved my personal files and if I was interested, he could sell me a new computer. I was interested, but it sounded a bit like a conflict of interest. I took my dead computer and the backed up files, loaded them to Dix's computer, took her Bimmer and headed off to Moab, Utah to meet up with my jeeping buddies. We used the car for touring Arches National Park and their jeeps for the hills.
It took a week for the local computer geek to get back with me to say my computer probably had a short in the motherboard that caused my hard drive to heat up almost too hot to the touch. But lucky for me he saved my personal files and if I was interested, he could sell me a new computer. I was interested, but it sounded a bit like a conflict of interest. I took my dead computer and the backed up files, loaded them to Dix's computer, took her Bimmer and headed off to Moab, Utah to meet up with my jeeping buddies. We used the car for touring Arches National Park and their jeeps for the hills.
After Moab, I did a little mining claim consulting. I like this job because the client really needs me and the project is challenging - literally with a claim-jumper.
Then off to Denver to catch a cheap Southwest flight to Chicago. Grandson Benjamin was playing
Then off to Denver to catch a cheap Southwest flight to Chicago. Grandson Benjamin was playing

his trumpet in the Blues in the Schools section of the Chicago Blues Fest where I thought I'd be right in style wearing my straw Fedora. Turns out I was such an oddball people thought I was one of the performers easpecially carrying Ben's trumpet case.
Of my favorite memories was sampling the products of the HopLeaf Bar in Uptown Chicago with Chris. He always seemed to have the better beer.

Also getting haircuts at the Father and Sons Barbershop.

Now back in Casper, I'm trying to recover my old Dell laptop. I was able to boot up Linex OS and see all my old files. Contrary to what the worthless computer repair geek said, the motherboard seemed to be working fine. And the hard drive probably runs cooler when you don't have it spinning on your workbench for days on end while you are working on other projects. My hunting buddy Travis is mailing me his Dell laptop XP installation disks and I have a good feeling that will save me. If it does I'm going to tell the geek he owes me an $85 refund.

No comments:
Post a Comment