That golf day a week ago has become a prescient idea with the continuous rain and sometimes snow we have had since then. A Gold Finch on our feeder starkly contrasted with the snow on the branches.
Milo knocked a porcelain duck off the server and it broke in three. It didn't shatter and was easy to glue back together. But then my computer crashed - wouldn't boot to Windows. I can't access my consulting files, including the time sheets. I couldn't find my old XP diagnostics cd, so now my Dell is at the local computer emergency ward. It looked like it would be a long weekend, but thanks to a pin hole in a water line, Saturday was busy. It forced me to finally deal with organizing my work bench. All my coffee cans were full to the brim with water so all my nuts and bolts got a washing. My tool box also was flooded so all my tools had to be dried and oiled. Some were discarded such as a rusty feeler gauge and a couple of items that I have forgotten what they could be used for.
I called Gus to replace the defective water line and he came over in a flash with his bag of plumbing tools. I tried to sweat out the defective copper pipe before he got there but got nowhere. He went to work with a hack saw and a blow torch, and being the bull in china shop, also broke the water filter connector for the refrigerator. There's always a little collateral damage with Gus.
Hallie and Brian are in Denver so their problem-child Brittany Spaniel has been jumping their fence and spending time with us. We can't let Sebastien in the house with Milo so he had to spend the night on our doorstep. We let Buddy out with him all day. We have to tie Sebastien up because he is too fast for our tame squirrels. I credit Sebastian for making me go to the basement for a rope and discovering the water leak before it became a disaster. Buddy was totally worn out after entertaining all day. At the end of the day I brushed his teeth without him even waking up.
Sunday I hope will be a day of rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment