Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fixings

Nancy has a time with her feet. Toes are curling up and her shoes are a bit too tight. Living on a shoestring, she's not going to get proper orthodics, so we're resizing her Crocs. A couple elbows screwed on the end of a pipe along with my Irwin Quick Grips make the perfect shoe stretcher. I can soften the material with the even heat of the charcoal grill and lock in the new size with a blast from the swamp cooler. I overdid it a little but there was enough memory left in the shoe to size back down with a reheat.

The computer OS repair went not so well. I was sooo close to doing it right when I got impatient and spastic and formatted the hard drive. I have reinstalled the OS and the computer works fine but there's going to be a long period of reinstalling hardware and programs. First will be reviving the thingamajigy that gets a signal from the wireless router.

No comments: