Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lost and Found, Found, Found

Dang if I didn't lose another stabilizer crank for the camper moving it from storage to the driveway. Two years ago I lost another one up at elk camp. It only cost $10 to replace, but a lot of head scratching trying to remember where I put it. I looked and looked again, and this time I completely emptied the drawer where it belongs, and took the drawer out, and voila!, there it was sitting amongst the plumbing and wires... right next to the one I lost in '09! Then within the hour while sitting in the Walmart parking lot with the light just right, I saw the edge of my Balefill receipt peeking out from underneath a slot in the dashboard. The receipt credits me for 400 pounds of compost, and I figured it had blown out the truck when I was looking for it last year. Far as I know, there's nothing else missing.

We asked Hallie to come by to give us an opinion on Buddy's recovery from hip surgery. She had Buddy when he had his other side operated on. Five days after surgery, he is touching his toe to the ground but not putting any weight on his leg. She said the first time around she was worried things were not going well since it took two or three months before he could comfortably walk on it. He might heal faster this time because he has a lot more meat to him now and no other dogs to interfere, just Milo the cat. She brought her two-year-old girl with her and Milo was a perfect gentleman. He went right up to give her a little sniff in the face and tolerated some pretty clumsy petting.

I finished writing my land consulting report and Monday I can start back on unemployment.

No comments: