I spent hours trying to repair the wireless connection to our printer that had mysteriously gone "offline". I woke up at midnight and gave another college try at reinstalling and presto, it worked. However, I'm not really sure what all happened. The whole jargon of computers is becoming foreign to me, starting with the "client" bugaboo. I moved on to more familiar maintenance and broke away at the salt bridge in the water softener. That little chore gave me the peace of mind to go back to sleep. Dix told me I am becoming domesticated.
Seems like that was the start of one of those really productive days you have once and a while. Dix bravely had neurological testing of her arm that involves needles and electrical shocks. Two friends had gone through the same testing and said it was very painful. It turned out not so much for Dix and confirmed carpel tunnel syndrome. She is eager to have surgery to cure this nuisance of numbness and loss of function.
We had breakfast at Eggington's where I left word for the cook that his medium poached eggs are a little on the hard boiled side. We visited with Dukeni and she had a easy fix-up job for me - replacing a light switch that she had broken off with her broom handle.
Haley called from somewhere out of town and asked if I could walk her Brittanies. They were deliriously happy to see the pickup and we had a wild romp at the dog park. It reemphasized to me how Buddy is limited by his hip dysplasia. It looks like surgeries are the order for both Dix and Buddy this Spring.
I completed my last CASA class and will be sworn in next week, barring any hitches in my references or child predator search.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment