Tuesday, February 1, 2011
In and Out of Wireless
All stars were aligned for my launch into a SmartPhone but Gus ended up in the hospital, and then I was traveling when he got out, and then he was traveling when I got home, and when he got back the Droid rebate had expired. I was a little disappointed but then I resigned I would go the non-techno approach to retirement for awhile and not even have a cellphone, kind of like my friend the retired judge. Not only had my phone blacked out, but my ex-empoyer had cancelled my account. Dix and I were walking in the mall and on a whim we dropped into the Verizon store. I asked if they still had the $100 Droid rebate. "Today's the last day." How about Smart-Phone-talks free? "Yep, no problem." How about joining up on my friend's family account. "No problem - just give him a call." Initiation fee? "$10 off." Within 20 minutes I went from wireless dropout to a cutting-edge android like my blogger friend. Well not quite - after I memorize my new cell number and passwords, I'll need to take a seminar on how to operate it. Literally! I start this Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment