Sunday, March 14, 2010

Trash Robber

I took the trash out Sunday to the alley trash bin and noticed it had accumulated only one bag between the three of us households that use it since the Wednesday pickup. I asked Dix if there was a late pick up this week. No. I went out and checked the other dumpsters in the alley and they had what would seem to be the normal accumulation for four days. Somebody took our trash. I commended Dix for her paranoia in shredding all our mail. I thought about tipping off our alley neighbors but then thought the better of it. The cross-alley lady's ex-husband is a cop and he could be checking her correspondence, or checking up on his teenage son. Or maybe Homeland Security is checking our very seclusive neighbor to the south. In any event, I have no problem with someone looking through our cat poop, dead mice, and cleansed junk mail.

No comments: