Sunday, March 28, 2010

Birthday Party

We got an invite to 3-year-old Logan's birthday party next door. It's nice of them to extend an offer of neighborly friendship since we maintain a somewhat guarded relationship. He is usually away on a rig and she is mostly up at night and rarely out during the day. So, I went to the mall to purchase a present. His daddy bought him an electric-powered quad the last time he was in town so I got him a T-shirt that said "NO SPEED LIMITS".

I was looking forward to seeing the results of her wall painting. In our occasional driveway meetings she has mentioned that she prides herself as an interior decorator and she "charges" their landlord for improvements. Knows all the names of the fancy colors. I cannot remember the names for two minutes but to me the living room is high-gloss putty and the kitchen is pea soup green.

Logan is a treat. Well behaved and just fascinated with the world especially on this occasion. She did a Cake Boss job on the cake. As usual, nothing was finished (like the painting trim) and we got to see the process of frosting application. That turned out to be quite enjoyable - the evolution of the world, land and sea masses established, volcanic activity, water and sand (graham cracker crumbs) dinosaur eggs, rocks and dinosaurs.

There were mostly young California adults and some teenagers. Their daughter, a budding teen, wore a too-low cut top (if I were raising her I suppose, otherwise, it was OK). Logan seemed to gravitate to me for help in opening his presents. Mine was first and his great anticipation quickly dissipated when he saw it was clothing. Next present please...

We enjoyed the pizza, nacho chips, beer and wine and chocolate cake. We took a two-mile walk afterward as penance.

No comments: