Saturday, November 7, 2009

Today Not To Busy

The weather is storm-cloudy, windy and warmer. Puffy gray clouds are always a treat to watch in Wyoming.

Time for a haircut. Getting out the clippers and going through my contortions for self-inflicted grooming. Dix shaves my neck. Saves $10 and the waiting time while watching other guys getting lousy $10 haircuts.

Had a surge of activity at the office, realizing there's only two months left this year to complete a land transfer to the Dept of Energy. I completed a mineral ownership review that now only needs a rubber stamp by the reviewing attorney. One water right to a pond has become problematic. Tom and I plan to take my kayak out and and measure the depth to see if it is under the threshold for requiring a full blown permit. The weather was too windy on Friday so we'll do my float next week. Tom says he will take notes on shore and relay the bad news to Dix should I capsize.

Loren called last night to see if we wanted to meet for dinner. We had just decided to have dinner in - Mrs. Paul's fish sticks - but couldn't pass up the spontaneous offer. 20 minutes later we were sipping beer at the Wonderbar. I had a tuna steak sandwich cooked medium. It was great but next time I'll try medium-rare. Dana was not happy with the decision by her school to use newly allocated stimulus funds to pay teachers to work through recess periods that will now be cancelled. She wants to know when are they going to go to the bathroom now. More jobs saved I suppose.Dix noticed they did not comment on her new glasses. I think she wore her old glasses so infrequently there was nothing to compare to.

I congratulated the New Jersey kin for ousting their governor. They said the new guy can now preside over the bankruptcy proceedings.

No comments: