Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Where You Been Gone So Long?

The day was perfect and I was pacing in my office so I filled out a vacation request and took the afternoon off. I opened up the can of primer and a bottle of Paulaner Salvator Double Bach and painted the patio gutter. Dix cancelled her bursa therapy and weeded the garden.. While the paint dried I picked up a sprinkler valve solenoid at Hood's. $17 says I don't have to dig up the old valve and replumb the line - just screw in the new solenoid. Major accomplishment!

I took a stroll over to Brian's house and asked him if I could borrow one of his Brittanies. I wanted to see how our cats would react. He loaned me Macy, a ten-year-old that was good at heeling and nice and calm. Macy was mostly interested in the birds and squirrels. We sat down at the open back door and Spook was immediately curious, as if our Penny had returned after being gone for years. It was dramatically different from the scare a couple days ago when a stray dog strolled into the yard. Today it was like Spook thought "Where have you been?" We went into the kitchen and Spook was unperturbed enough to drink from his water dish and eat some cat food. Encouraged as such I took Macy upstairs to check out Pyrite who was napping in her hideaway. She gave a couple of hisses and we retreated. Tonight she is scavenging for the lingering scents and I think regretting she was discourteous.

No comments: