Here is my [Dix's] take on our trip. While in Trisobbio at our bed and breakfast – Denis would sleep in while I had some very nice conversations with the owner of the bed and breakfast.
He use to work for AP and had all these exciting details. Jeff and I talked about how Northern Italy wanted to segregate from the Southern part - due to the violence, and politics in Rome. Northern Italy feels like they are more civilized The southern half of Italy is not what true Italians are about, according to him.I think the highlight of my trip was just driving around with Denis and all the people we met. Italy is a place where you would want to live. The village people are always willing to help you. If they can’t speak English and try to communicate with you – the volume goes up when they try to give directions.
I was so happy with the luck we had with finding special places to bed down for the night. We really relished our bed once we called it a night. We found this cute little place that had little chalet house where we stayed one night. We then decided to go back after trying to get a room at one of the castles, down the road. I really didn’t feel comfortable in staying at the castle. So back to the chalet and no room. We could’ve kicked ourselves for not telling the proprietor that we were going to stay one more night. It was okay, there was another place next to it even better. There were two restaurants and both had good food. I had the best veal cutlet - so thick and juicy, not to mention good wine. We never had a bad meal.

No comments:
Post a Comment