Saturday, February 2, 2008

Spook's Bedpan III

Spook has thrown me every curve he can think up in his little mind, including sorrowfully looking at Dix to enlist her help in undermining the experiment. Dix feels the odd potty pan arrangement adds stress to Spook's diabetic condition. Of course, his diabetis causes his excessive intake of water and thus extremely heavy accumulation used litter. I feel the constant sifting in the litter pan by both user and cleaner creates a kitty litter dust hazard and the thus need for improvising. Dix is back on board. But Spook managed to bypass the gate to his litter-pan section by caving in the top. I've reinforced the top of that section with a ceiling panel.
I replaced the shelving grate to the pee pan with a Hobby Lobby $3.50 red wire bowl, smashed flat. The tighter mesh is easier on his paws. Soon I will eliminate the swamp cooler pads.

No comments: