Friday, February 8, 2008
Friday Lunch
Lunch with the co-workers on Friday has gotten to be a nice tradition. Today Tom and I ate at the Beacon, for me, a half chef's salad and a draft Amber Bach did the trick. Had to lift Tom's spirits from someone's thoughtless or misinterpreted remark about how his or one's work has no meaning. It took another draught to rationalize the true intent of the offender. The third draught erased any resentment or concern entirely. Back in the office I could not focus on or rationalize my work and took a half day of vacation. I surprized Dix at home and noticed a saucer with a few morsels of chocolate. Snacking on the crumbs, I started to chide Dix where did she get the cake, when before I completely got the sentence out, I realized what I was really eating. Too late - she knew what I was asking and couldn't hold back the sickering. Dried out cat food. I napped the rest of the afternoon away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment