With Dix immobilized in a shoulder splint, it fell upon me to cook Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixings. Buddy helped by planting himself first in line in front of the aroma emitting stove. It was pretty good except Buddy had diarrhea the next day.
One good thing that has come out of Dix' fall off the ladder is that I have been excused from putting up outdoor Christmas decorations. Now to better focus on tripping south for the holidays. Dix should be ready to rumble in about one month.
We treated ourselves to Life of Pi at the matinee. Hid a few tears behind our 3-D glasses. I can't say when I have enjoyed a more beautiful movie.
The floor support beam I installed a few posts ago was a bust. The door frame stayed the same but the floor started to bulge up causing the exact opposite effect I was looking for. Guess I'll leave well enough alone for now.
The new renters seem to be having parking wars across the street. The old bachelor was encroaching on the immigrant's curb view with his big pickup. Now the immigrant is hogging the frontage with a company vehicle. I'm thinking the pissing match is exacerbated by poor communications, one is hard of hearing and the other speaks very broken English. The old lady landlord is probably missing her spinster tenants. I don't feel sorry for her since she essentially ran them off by not making improvements and having the beautiful parkway trees removed to dispense with raking leaves. I'm afraid the neighborhood is going down.
Watching a Notre Dame game feels like raking leaves in a windstorm. We were exhausted.

No comments:
Post a Comment