Davey and I kept the elk camp tradition alive with a minimalist camp this year. The Judge could not be budged from his comfort zone and Trav was needed for his son's wedding. We foregoed corned beef hash and One-eyed Jacks for breakfast. Instead we consumed Davie's overstock of delicious free-range chicken eggs. I forgot my XM-radio charger so camp music only lasted one day. My generator quit so I had to turn down the thermostat to what the solar panel could maintain. Eventually the water lines froze up. The black water tank indicated full so its use became limited. The reliability of the tent became apparent - with its inexhaustible supply of heat and liquid water. The only shortcoming was that Davie's brand new percolating coffee pot seemed to have lost its strainer lid.
On the extravagant side, we partook in DD's prime rib camp dinner that she had promised two years ago. It was worth waiting for. Some were incredulous I ate the whole thing (see pics). Libations flowed freely. I rode back to our camp in Davie's dump hauler. We all missed the early morning hunt.
No comments:
Post a Comment