Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stuck in version 2.01

Progress is banging on the door and I'm hunkering down. Windows 8 has come out and I'm entrenched in XP 2.01. I'm not inspired by technology gimmickry. I refuse to swipe.

We're finishing week two of Dix' rehab from shoulder surgery. Three more to go before she can lose the sling. It's going well. She's up to playing ball with the cat and pouring coffee. She's in a consuming mode constrained only by having to type one-handed on the computer.  She ordered a Bose speaker to go with the tinny-sounding TV. I had to admit the sound is full but, even at $500, there is no tone adjustment on a Bose radio. Fortunately we can blend in the tinny sound of the TV to suit my hearing deficiency. We received the doc's $30,000 bill today.  Dix says she will never go on a ladder again unless I'm holding it, which means she will never go on a ladder again.

Had lunch with the boys.  Tom had driven up from Denver to go fishing on the North Platte.  Says the travel to Casper is easier than finding somewhere in Colorado that is not overpopulated. Unfortunately Wyoming was not hospitable with its wind.

Along with vacuuming, grocery shopping, meal preparing, doing dishes, dog walking and litter box cleaning, I have installed a bathroom vent. I'm not sure it meets code but it is suitable for industrial duty. There is no noisy fan - just a whooshing sucking sound when activated by dislodging a bouncy ball from its 4-inch orifice. The offending air is discharged out the roof via the radon mitigation system.

Vent piping aesthetically compatible with rest of the pipes.
Ball valve


WHOOOSH
Routing into main radon vent.


No comments: