Sunday, August 12, 2012

More or Less

Got a few more boards up and hurricane ties nailed on the patio roof before being called off for window caulking on the front porch. I didn't mind, variety being the spice of life. It's all the same home repair and maintenance and improvement. No deadline except the patio roof must be up before I go fishing.

Ken said he was going to do a round of golf so I joined him and then Gus joined us. It was a little warm so we had the course to ourselves. Gus was looking a bit tired and by the fifth hole he was seeing spots. He almost quit on No. 7 but unfortunately found his second wind. After 18 holes Ken confided for once he was kind of glad the game was over. I followed Gus home and stayed with him until Lynette got home from work. BP: 80 over 50. She took him to the hospital - something about the kidneys. Had not heard anything for a week so I called him. They were in Seattle vacationing.

Consulting has fallen off to a trickle. Buddy and I are doing more walks. We have a new route at the North Platte where rabbits abound. He seems willing when I command him to "Wait" so he does not have to blow out his joints in chase.  We came up within six feet of a skunk at the bridge and were grateful it had an escape hatch.

I read The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog and saw symptoms similar to my CASA kiddo enough that I was inspired to make the 260-mile round trip to his boys home to visit him. I had not seen him since he was taken there two weeks ago. We shot baskets in a game of HORSE. I was pleasantly surprised to see he has overcome his skin picking habit.

No comments: