Sunday, June 10, 2012

Projects

Our new FM transmitter is up and running 24-7 broadcasting the XM classical music channel to any FM radio in the house or yard. It's a cool idea we learned from our friend in Florida. We were skeptical after reading Internet comments on various brands that the broadcast range was on the order of only 20 feet or so, but this unit was clear throughout the premises. Hopping into the car, we tuned into our frequency to see if Linda might be able to pick it up across the street. We had a clear signal twelve blocks away! I returned home and  rebooted it into low-power mode before anyone reported us to the FCC.

The French Open Tennis Match seems a lot more impressive while I am struggling with my plantar faciitis. It is slowly healing though. I have dusted off the old ten-speed for walking/running Buddy. It's a dog park so we don't have to use a leash. He has really gotten the hang of loping along and I have gotten the hang of stopping for dog socializing and poop scooping. We got interested in shopping for a new bike for Dix. We were looking seriously at a nice Trek Hybrid but Dix took a topple while attempting a skipping take-off and skinned up her arm and the handle grip. She decided to stay grounded.

My radon mitigation was so successful I turned the fan off to see what would happen. The radon level began to slowly build back up. I'm putting the fan on a timer and letting it run an hour a day or whatever it takes to stay under the EPA limit.

No comments: