Monday, May 28, 2012

Buddy Seizes the Day

We got the flag and Weber barbecue out for Memorial Day. Dix got a bottle of wine and some 15%-fat hamburger and we invited Linda over. We set the table in the camper and I prepared six burgers, depressed slightly in the middle for expansion, salt and peppered, and set them on the bench waiting for the coals to mature. I used some of the Mesquite wood I inherited from Tom's move. Dix's french fries were well on the way and the company was hungry so I went back out to do my part. Uh oh, something was not right with the burger count. Only two remained. And Buddy looked very happy. Sticking up for the animals as usual, Dix said the cook was negligent. Accepting the criticism in stride, the cook cooked the two burgers for the girls and went to the grocery store to buy more hamburger. I didn't tell them there was also a little nibble out of their burgers too.

No comments: