Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Top Too Small to Fit

In some cases it might be good, but this was not one of them. My pickup canvas top will not stretch to fit its frame. I have been skeptical of this project from the start when the product came in a box that was open. All the pieces were there but curiously the instructions booklet was wrinkled and well thumbed. Apparently this unit (or part of it) has been returned before. My return was authorized with prepaid label after a succinct email.

We had a nice robo-call from our credit card bank asking if we had made a charge at Walmart. That seemed correct since I had just purchased a printer cartridge. I pushed the button for more info and learned that it was a Walmart in Virginia for $400. So I pushed the button for an operator and after five minutes we were cutting up the cards. I was impressed with their security methods enough to gladly put up with the Pakistani accent. Replacement cards are on the way, and no, I did not provide any personal information.

No comments: