I have received my third CASA assignment. This time it's a kid I can talk with rather than a toddler. I have high regard for the case worker as I have worked with her in the past, and she returns the compliment. Very complicated and somewhat adventuresome.
For her 60th birthday, Dix is got a visit from her sister Roni. It's been fun - Roni is an animal lover too and the pets are taking full advantage.

We watched Queen to Play twice, a French film about a chambermaid conquering the game of chess. I'm teaching it to Roni. We're also playing Shanghai, a rummy type card game, in the camper, mainly because it's the only place we have with an uncluttered table.
Dix made the mistake of thinking she could do without her BP medicine for a few days. A skyrocketing BP and a splitting headache put her back on her regimen. It's also the end for her diet pills - doctor's and sister's orders. I think that's going to end her insomnia too.
Our friend the judge is struggling with complications of back surgery. Convalescing from that, he took a spill off his deck and broke his hip. Convalescing from that he became anemic and started retaining water enough to return to the hospital. Delores has reached pretty deep into her reserve to pull him through all this and still seems to be able to find the silver linings.
One of our Friday lunchers has left the club. Tom sold his house and found a new one in Firestone, near Boulder where his wife's family lives. I volunteered to help him with his move. He rented the largest U-Haul truck available and that was enough for about one-half his stuff. The remainder went to storage for now. The few hours I was anticipating to take turned into two and a half days. Les and Dix helped too, along with his brother-in-law and two laborers he hired. Made us very less eager to move ourselves. Now Dix wants new tile in the kitchen.
The weather has been mild enough, but I am getting the camper ready for a road trip when winter inspires us.
Trash day - must put it out - over and out.

No comments:
Post a Comment