Something went bump during the night and a couple days later we discovered it was a clothes rack that pulled loose from its wall mount. Easy to remount. But then I noticed the other rack was also in precarious shape. Now a little more of a project, but in removing all the clothes, Dix commented she has "always wanted to paint that closet", meaning my next days were now planned. Now that the closet was cleared I noticed a 20-foot run of electrical wire thumb-tacked to the molding with the end taped off. My voltmeter showed no electric potential but I dismantled it like a bomb. With a gentle tug the other end came out of the wall, cleanly severed. What remains within the wall is a mystery. I painted the old historical colors with a half gallon of off-white the previous owner had left in the basement. Another can of hazard waste put to good use.
The judge is on the mend. He has given up smoking, which I recall he has done before when he had another brush with mortality. It may be related to needing to be on oxygen, but that may not necessarily be critical as when he went to his last doctor visit, they had to inform him he had been walking around with an empty bottle.
Got a haircut after lunch with the boys. No waiting, in fact, according to the sign-in sheet, the last customer was four hours before. Posters in the shop show rapper style haircuts and the barber's pants hang down at mid-thigh. But he can give a good senior regular haircut.

No comments:
Post a Comment