Thursday, September 29, 2011

Santa Fe, New Mexico

We made a run down to Santa Fe to visit with John and Candy and partake in the Wine and Chili Festival. We were going to take the camper but Candy said the pets were welcome to stay in the house. So we put some more mileage on the ol' Mountaineer. The pets are great travelers and the interaction with their pets made the visit memorable. Their German Shepherd Rocksee has some neurological problems having lived part of her life in the wild with coyotes. She gives literal meaning to the term "rescued dog". At no time of the day can you let a pet wander out of sight on their property with coyotes lurking. Buddy and Rocksee bonded and it was heartening to see Rocksee learn how to play. Milo looked like a pint-size clone of their cat Feralita. They hissed and meowed and played hide and seek with each other the whole time.

John hired a limo for transportation to and from the festival. That turned out to be a wise investment. I surprised myself at how much more relaxed I was not thinking about a possible encounter with a traffic stop. Many more wines were tasted.

And no trip to Santa Fe would be complete without a visit to the Farmers' Market to get some Shishitu chilies. Candy proved her culinary skills in her newly remodeld kitchen.

Now back for a couple days in time to load up for elk camp. I have my solar panel mounted on the roof this time with door hinges that allow swinging it up for the angle of the sun. I was trying to figure out how to install a ladder to have roof access when it dawned on me my pick-up ramps for the ATV are long enough to double as a ladder. I can hardly wait to grandstand it at camp

.

No comments: