Friday, July 22, 2011
Ceasing Unproductive Activity
Some days I accomplish a lot of unnecessary projects. Those that contribute nothing to advancing our goals. Case in point - I plumbed a novelty sprinkler head into my garden work-of-art boiler fountain. Now we have a non-functional bejeweled sprinkler part that I will have difficulty trashing because it cost $20. Other than the therapeutic value of creating a thing of beauty in my eyes only, it was a waste of time. I am beginning to ask myself if each endeavor at hand actually advances the goal. That's the key - what is the goal. This weekend the goal is to get out of town and visit Davey at his cabin in Storey. Today I shall not replumb the gas line to the furnace. I shall not try to set up networking on the computers. I shall not finish painting the garage. I shall get the camper ready for our getaway before anything else. I shouldn't even be writing this post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment