Saturday, May 14, 2011

Golf Day

Ken and I got out and shot a round of golf. The weather could not have been better. It was the first good day this Spring. And being that it was Friday, hardly anyone else was out so we nearly had the course to ourselves. Ken's knee was achy from surgery a couple months ago but after nine holes and two beers it felt pretty good so we hit another nine. Today it's cold and overcast again.

We had a visit from a Townsend's Solitaire. He was picking berries off the spruce tree. He had the white eye ring and wing markings.
Got the apple tree pruned and rock laid down on the ally border - a nice red granite that should hold against erosion. Sprayed the neighbors dandelions.

The sprinkling system is problematic this year. Seems like half the lines don't work. Rain is predicted all week so I'll give it another try later on.

Went to the eye doctor got a good report - except the beginnings of a cataract that might need surgery in ten years and a creeping up of eye pressure that we will keep close tabs on. On a lark I tried out a pair of contacts. I cannot believe how comfortable they are made these days. But the bifocular vision is a problem and so I had to pick up a pair of snazzy reading glasses at Walmart.

No comments: