Friday, October 29, 2010
Anticlimactic Day
My last day at work seemed like the day before any vacation - too much to finish. I left my desk piled up with pending projects that apparently do not need to be completed. The whole week was a whirlwind of activity. I even went in to work twice at midnight for an hour or two. The General Manager said he was greatly appreciative of my "better than yeoman effort". It made for a fast week. I neglected to port out my cell phone number to a personal account so I'll have to reimburse the company for my use. Maybe I'll give them a $10 credit on my first consulting bill. Nor did I remember to change the office telephone greeting to remove four of the five extensions. I'll have to sneak in at midnight to record a new one. "Thank you for calling Pathfinder Mines. Four of the previous five employees are permanently away from their desks. Please hold for the remaining poor soul. Your call is very important to him."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment