We at last sold Silvia's Durango (again). The last sale had been botched by the intransigence of the bank officer who refused to accept a faxed power of attorney from Silvia authorizing the sale. This time we had the original POW, but the bank officer claimed the sale could not be completed until she received the original title from her bank's home office (she had neglected to timely request it). But the buyer was a police officer and both he and his loan officer knew that without an original title, a notarized bill of sale was sufficient. We all met at Silvia's bank and stood around until this incompetent bank employee got her act together. At the end she stuffed the original bill of sale in her file and I was happy I still had enough composure to ask for it without blowing a gasket.
It's been two days gone. I am relishing this morning's coffee without any concern for where I would need to park the Durango today with a For Sale sign on it, especially in the new fallen snow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment