Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Tree - 2

So, the BLM Christmas Tree did not make the cut. The next day Dix exerted her independence and bought a tree from Safeway, a Northwest Silver Spruce, and somehow got it home in the car and even drug it in the house and erected it all by herself. I was amazed upon seeing that evening, the most beautiful tree we've ever had and flowing fragrance and negative ions. I drove around town with the old tree in the pickup bed for a few days and after hearing a radio commercial for Joshua's Warehouse charity, went down there and asked if they could use an extra Christmas Tree. There reaction was as if they have been praying for such a windfall and eagerly scarfed it and the stand from the pickup. I quicky drove off as if I had illegally dumped a load of trash in the street. That evening I was feeling so good I tipped everybody at the Pizza Hut drive-up when picking up dinner. All right there were only two people. And it was a buck each, but that's something I don't normally do. And it felt great.

No comments: