Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Changing Office Climate
I car-pooled with Russell the 90-mile commute to the mine. We have been next door neighbors at the office but we work independently. I learned he moved himself down the hall to a larger office. Funny how oblivious one can be to what's going on right beside one's self. Lots of shuffling around since the old boss left. The new manager's style is radically different. Previously, I preliminarily approved office accounts payable before final approval by the GM. This GM does not want to be bothered by such details. When I informed him of a land acquisition concern, he responded, "You're taking care of it? Good." Later I informed him of a crisis in full blossom. He responded, "Well, it's only a game." I wouldn't mind if his temporary position becomes more permanent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment