Saturday, September 21, 2013

Hello?...

Here we are in Wonderful Wyoming.


Summer has been kind, atypical without the wind. Plenty of rain.

Our friend told her new tenant in the little house at the alley that the neighborhood was awakened by a dog that was barking all night. He was falsely implicated as their dog was in bed with them all night. We heard it too and it sounded like a dog in distress, a couple of hoarse barks every minute. The next day Mr. Big Buck was limping down the alley favoring a hind leg. Near as we can surmise, he had gotten hit and got separated from his buddies that he was calling out for. We found a YouTube video of  a barking deer that sounded just like it.

We took a trip down to Colorado to look at appliances. We were turned back at Loveland as both Highway 287 and Interstate 25 were inundated from the Big Thompson River flooding. When we finally accepted we would just have to go back home, the roads back to Wyoming were also closed. We realized all the traffic congestion was folk like us also trying to get out of town. We were like rats caught in a maze. Finally escaped by heading toward the plains (Ault) and then turning north.

I rehung the storm door to close a quarter-inch gap at the bottom corner.  In an earlier blog I elaborated about how thought the misalignment was caused by the house settling, or falling apart. Back then I exacerbated the problem by jacking up the footings. The simple storm door adjustment actually washed away years of consternation I had built up in my head. I look at the door with no light coming through now and just smile.

No comments: