Saturday, January 19, 2013

Winter Busyness

A dozen or so Robins dropped in apparently to recharge on their way south. They were gobbling up the tiny fermented apples that had fallen from the apple tree. I was rooting for them as you cannot walk through the yard without gumming up the soles of your shoes. At the same time Bohemian Waxwings were picking at the fruit remaining in the tree. A family of three woodpeckers and a Flicker were also working on the grubs. Pretty active for mid-January.

The deer is getting brave staring down his predator. Or he is a little goofy after losing half a rack to a run in with a car.


Our sash locks finally arrived at the window distributor. The new windows are now complete and securely locked. The $12 white finish looks great considering brass was $80 per lock.  I could not convince the order clerk their pricing had to be an error. The brass handles are a carry-over from the original windows.

















It took a full day for the electricians to bring our service up to 200 amps and install a new breaker panel. They threw in an outdoor outlet that I requested as an afterthought. They also routed a new conduit to my basement sub-panel and that little chore took another half day. I could tell from their haste and messiness that it was starting to cut into their profit. I was concerned the big honking box mounted at the back door instead of inside as previously was an eyesore, but we do not even see it now.

No comments: