A multi-million dollar deal to which I have a small contribution on behalf of a client is coming to a close. Things get crazy at this stage and there was some email correspondence to which I felt compelled to give my two bits. Problem is I accidentally sent it to the competitor instead of my client. Thank goodness I have some tact in writing emails. The overall effect of my non-abrasive email on a sensitive subject was to give the competitor evidence we were not trying to screw them. I'm grateful to the coaching of my mentor to never write an email you would feel uncomfortable to have end up in court.
I learned on Facebook my childhood friend had prostate surgery for a malignancy. Praise the Lord there was no metastasis. Robotic surgery was used. Praise to modern medicine too. I hear there are breakthroughs on a vaccines for Aids as well as Alzheimer's. Makes the golden years a little less scary. Hey, you can get Aids from transfusions too.
And then the mundane, the garbage disposal started leaking and nearly fell off the sink. I discovered that by a drip onto my workbench in the basement. Dix said she was going to tell me that some things were getting wet under the sink. Great.
Tom and Bess came up from Denver and spent a week at Alcova. The heat was oppressive for their basic camper with no utilities. They spent the last night at the Shilo motel in Casper where there is ample room for truck and camper parking. However, at $100+ for the night one would think the water pressure would be sufficient to operate the toilet. They were having a running conversation with the management why they could not flush a floater. We had a great evening with them at Les and Debbie's where Les grilled the best hamburgers I have ever had.
It's kind of a relief to have shut down the quest for relocating. The focus is now on home improvement. The door latch to the screen door has worn out to the point oil would no longer extend its service. I searched Home Depot, Menard's, Ace, and Blodoarn's for a replacement. Finally, at Sutherland's, where I had sworn to never again frequent, had the exact replacement part. I am reinstating my account there and resuming the bullshit of shopping on Mondays for triple points and Tuesday for 10% senior discount.
Buddy has been depressed ever since we returned from our weekend visiting Dave and Marilyn in Story.
![]() |
| Miss Kitty calling on Milo |
I have a setback with the patio project. The rafters are designed on 24" centers. The corrugated plastic panels I got turned out to be 23.5 inches. That's a five-inch shortfall over the span. Back to the drawing board...or back to Menard's.


No comments:
Post a Comment